PVi®Pleth Variability Index
Pleth Variability Index is an automatic measure of the dynamic change in Pi that occurs during the respiratory cycle
- > PVi® is a measure of the dynamic changes in the Perfusion Index (Pi) that occur during one or more complete respiratory cycles.
- > Pi reflects the amplitude of the pulse oximeter waveform and is calculated as the pulsatile infrared signal (AC or variable component), indexed against the non-pulsatile infrared signal (DC or constant component). Pi is expressed as a percentage
- > The calculation for PVi® is accomplished by measuring changes in Pi over a time interval where one or more complete respiratory cycles have occurred.
- > PVi® automatically and continuously calculates the respiratory variations in the plethysmographic waveform.
- > PVi® may show changes that reflect physiologic factors such as vascular tone, circulating blood volume, and intrathoracic pressure excursions.
PVi® Calculation: How It Works
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. See instructions for use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions.