Iris GatewayTM Interoperability Starts with Device Connectivity
Automatic data transfer from medical devices into Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) could improve productivity and reduce the likelihood of transcription errors.1 Existing approaches for device connectivity can clutter the patient room, burden IT management, and increase the complexity and cost of care. Masimo Iris™ and Root® seek to simplify connectivity across the continuum of care.
Iris Gateway bridges the gap between device data generated at the patient bedside and documentation in patient data management systems such as EMRs.
- > Root integrates patient monitoring and connectivity. Iris Gateway interfaces with hospital Admit Discharge Transfer (ADT) systems to allow clinicians to associate patients to their data directly from Root.
- > Iris Gateway converts device-specific communication protocols into HL7 for easy documentation in EMRs.
- > Masimo’s unique approach to device connectivity leverages existing hardware and infrastructure to reduce the cost of connectivity.
- > Iris Gateway offers connectivity at a competitive per bed cost.
1 The Value of Medical Device Interoperability. West Health Institute. 2013.
* 3rd party standalone devices with appropriate networking capabilities can communicate directly with Masimo’s Iris Gateway.
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. See instructions for use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions.
For professional use. See instructions for use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions.